ASE Scorer capabilities
The ASE Scorer 9 is designed to score any type of bridge event, from the
smallest to the largest, and using any type scoring method and player movement.
By far the most powerful scoring software available in the world today. It is a
collection of programs that are controlled automatically from the menu selection
screens presented to the user. It gives the user the ability to define and
modify movements used in all events they are likely to conduct.
Ease of use is paramount, with extensive variations in functions, all
controlled by parameters. All parameters may be changed as the user requires.
The scores achieved by the players are entered in a simple way. All unusual
situations the Tournament Director might encounter are handled automatically and
simply. For example switched pairs or fouled boards are each handled with one
The processing of the scores is done automatically by selecting the
appropriate function from the scoring menu. Only the sections that have been
changed are scored.
There is a comprehensive reporting system to view or print the results of any
The bridge club section allows you to manage the club records, including the
members and visitors to the club. This is a full database implementation with
complete membership records allowing player queries and reporting.
ASE Scorer 9 has features in addition to the original ASE Scorer 8 version,
- Easier to use main screen
- Many teams movements are supported
- Support for Jeanie 2 (when it is released)
- Support for new movement types (needs Jeanie 2)
- IMP based VP scales introduced (Wallace scales)
- Cross-IMP average scoring method
- Support for the new ABF masterpoint scheme
- Automatic link to upload of masterpoint files
- The number of rounds can be reduced in Howell movements
- Adjusted scores can be applied to the session results (eg penalties)
- Groups of scores can be dragged/dropped into the finals events
- Support for release 2.5.1 of Firebird which has many performance
- Eclectic events results can be exported the HTML and Word document files
- Automatic update of changed movements for remote scores
- An option to check scores entered on remote terminals
- Produces EBU masterpoints and P2P files
- Bridgemate II settings can be entered in ASE9
Standard features include:
- Run Pairs, Swiss Pairs, Teams, Swiss Teams and Individual events as well
as eclectic events.
- Results may be entered from the board score sheets, or from other
manually or computer scored events, producing masterpoints, and the ability
to combine results into ladder or eclectic events.
- Use any scoring method including various Match Point methods,
average/leaders/median Butler or Cross IMPs, total point, Epson %,
Percentage IMP scoring.
- Handles adjusted scores, averages, special scores and fines as well as fouled boards.
- Produces printout, screen views or various file format and spread sheets
for all event results
- Produce reports with your requirements, including HTML files for your web
- Change board numbers and seating arrangements after the event has started
- Print travelling guide cards, table guide cards and personal score
- Automatically calculate Master Points and export them to the national
organisers as required
- Handle practically unlimited numbers of sections and tables, combining
the results as needed.
- Combine practically unlimited numbers of sessions for one outright result
- Handles carried forward results, qualifiers and multi-event sessions with
- Produce handicapped results as well as normal results in the one event.
- Automatically maintains player handicaps, and produces seeded fields.
- Use any score sheets, N-S number order, round order, table order or
- Use any movement. All the standard Mitchell types, all the standard
Howell movements in Bridge Directing complete, a variety of Individual
movements and user movements are included. Any other movements may be
entered and saved for later use, with the ability to print table or personal
- Enter players names from a list, using national or local numbers, surname
search, pairs of names, club pair numbers or on the fly as needed.
- Scores can be entered in few keystrokes, or fully in longhand: contract
declarer result with check totals. All scores are checked as valid, and
warnings issued for unusual scores
- Use the system with single stroke operation using function keys, and so
satisfying the most demanding of power users.
- Supports the use of any
tabletop score entry devices